Another great way to use ground turkey is by making more meatballs. A lot of my recipes are kid friendly because feeding a four-year old is not that easy. So meatballs are alway a favorite way for her to get protein into her. I mask it with Teriyaki Sauce and viola.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cub breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp finally chopped green onion
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- white pepper
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- Pre heat oven to 350
- Mix all meatball ingredients and form into one inch meatballs. lay them out onto baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes or so there is no pink in center.
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 3 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 medium cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- In a small saucepan whisk together soy sauce, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, honey, garlic, ginger and lemon juice. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk together cornstarch with remaining 1/4 cup water, then add to sauce mixture in saucepan. Cook mixture stirring constantly, until it has thickened slightly, allowing it to gently boil several minutes, pour over meatballs to coat.
Serve with Jasmine rice and Top with sesame seeds and more green onion.