Cod Liver is full of Vitamin A and D. and before you think yuck give it a try. A few months back I was watching Masterchef and each contestant was given a box with Russian ingredients. There was a verity of things in it and one of them was Cod Liver. Even the chefs did not know how to eat it. We were eating this as long as I can remember. This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy it. It’s almost like a delicacy. A little bit is all you need. you can also top it on your stuffed eggs. But my carb loving self loves Crostini.
- French Bread
- Cod Liver Canned
- Hardboiled Eggs
- Black Pepper
- Tomato (optional)
- Slice up bread and lightly toast
- Spread butter lightly on one side of the toast and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Top with Half sliced cucumber, thin slice of egg, a nice small slice of Cod Liver and Tomato if you are using it.
- sprinkle lightly with salt
- top with a small sprig of dill.
one long french baguette will make about 14 canapes