- 3 eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Preheat your oven at 400º F.
- In a large bowl using a mixer blend the eggs, the flour, the milk, the salt, the sugar and Vanilla together. Make sure you mix all ingredients well until the mixture is foamy and smooth.
- Melt the butter and add to batter mix well. pour batter into the pan it needs to be at least 2 inches tall since the pancakes are going to rise quite a bit. Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes on a preheated 400º F hot oven.
- do not open oven so pancake will not deflate.
1 peach sliced
1 tbs butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
saute on frying pan for 5-10 minutes. once pancake is out pour over pancake and garnish with powderd sugar
The Best steak is if it has a pat of yummy butter on top. Grilled, Broiled, Fried, sautéed any way you like it a pat of herb butter brings out the flavors.
- 4 tbsp Butter
- Roasted garlic 4-5 cloves
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Juice of half lemon
- 1/4 Jalapeno
Roast garlic or when frying up your steak saute garlic until soft.
slice up jalapeno
put everything in a food processor. (butter, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, jalapeno and salt) and process until you like the consistency.
enjoy with steak or on bread.
Cod Liver is full of Vitamin A and D. and before you think yuck give it a try. A few months back I was watching Masterchef and each contestant was given a box with Russian ingredients. There was a verity of things in it and one of them was Cod Liver. Even the chefs did not know how to eat it. We were eating this as long as I can remember. This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy it. It’s almost like a delicacy. A little bit is all you need. you can also top it on your stuffed eggs. But my carb loving self loves Crostini.
- French Bread
- Cod Liver Canned
- Hardboiled Eggs
- Black Pepper
- Tomato (optional)
- Slice up bread and lightly toast
- Spread butter lightly on one side of the toast and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Top with Half sliced cucumber, thin slice of egg, a nice small slice of Cod Liver and Tomato if you are using it.
- sprinkle lightly with salt
- top with a small sprig of dill.
one long french baguette will make about 14 canapes
Another great way to use ground turkey is by making more meatballs. A lot of my recipes are kid friendly because feeding a four-year old is not that easy. So meatballs are alway a favorite way for her to get protein into her. I mask it with Teriyaki Sauce and viola.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cub breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp finally chopped green onion
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- white pepper
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- Pre heat oven to 350
- Mix all meatball ingredients and form into one inch meatballs. lay them out onto baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes or so there is no pink in center.
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 3 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 medium cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- In a small saucepan whisk together soy sauce, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, honey, garlic, ginger and lemon juice. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk together cornstarch with remaining 1/4 cup water, then add to sauce mixture in saucepan. Cook mixture stirring constantly, until it has thickened slightly, allowing it to gently boil several minutes, pour over meatballs to coat.
Serve with Jasmine rice and Top with sesame seeds and more green onion.
When eating low carb it does not involve potatoes. Eating healthier would be so much easier. But unfortunately carbs are not your friend! last year I had way too many zucchini in my garden and running out of Ideas I decided to make some Zucchini hashborwns. If you peel them your kids won’t notice that they are eating zucchini. I make this often now and I actually enjoy it very much.
2-3 large Zucchini
1 small onion
salt and pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
Wash and grate zucchini on the largest grater, sprinkle with salt and let it sit for a few minutes. Using your hands or cheese cloth squeeze as much water and you possibly can. You will have a lot less zucchini to work with.
Heat olive oil and add diced onion saute 4-5 minutes. Add Zucchini and fry for 7-8 minutes more
to have a nice crispy hash do not turn it over let it fry one side flip it over and repeat with other side.
Serve with Eggs.
Cabbage is one of the go to vegetables for me. You can cook such a varaity and this is one of them. they bacon infuses its flavor into cabbage with a bit of salt you have a perfect combination.
1 head of cabbage
8 slices bacon
Pre heat oven to 350
Remove outer layers of leaves from cabbage and slice in half. Sprinkle salt, Thyme, pepper and add sliced bacon on each side of bacon.
Wrap each half in foil and bake at 350 for one hour or until done. Check if done by poking cabbage with knife if it goes through easily then its done.
* You an also bake both halves wrapped together but the cooking time will be one hour and thirty minutes.
This is one of my all time favorite soups because I like sour. Sorrel leaves are like spinach leaves except they are sour. I grow Sorrel in the summer time in my garden. it’s very easy to grow and easy to can. I have a very small crop growing so I usually go to my dads garden and get some from him. last year I was so busy that I did not can or grow any. So the only place I know where you can get some is at a Ukrainian Grocery store. This soup is so easy to make and it has all these very homey ingredients. it’s also great if you are trying to eat clean which is really easy to follow if you cook at home.
10 cups chicken stock or water
4 cups diced potatoes
8 oz chicken meat
1 16 oz Canned Sorrel or Fresh Sorrel (about 4 cups)
1 medium onion
1 bay leaf
3-4 hardboiled eggs
salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic
4 oz pork belly (bacon)
Bring water or chicken stock to a boil and then turn it down to a simmer add bay leaf and cubed chicken turn it down to a simmer. while stock is simmering, dice onions and saute for five minutes. Add to chicken stock. Add diced potatoes to soup and keep simmering untill potatoes are almost tender.
While Soup is cooking saute pork belly and dice up hard-boiled eggs.
Season soup to taste adding salt and pepper. Add sorrel simmer another five minutes. turn off heat and add diced eggs, pressed garlic and bacon. You can add grease from bacon which will enhance flavor.
serve with lots of bread and sour cream.